Sunday 18 March 2012

In My Mailbox #3

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren, where bloggers can share the books they've received this week.


From the library:



The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han


This has been on my TBR list for a while, so I'm hoping for a good read!


Where She Went by Gayle Forman


I haven't read anything of Forman's before, and I didn't realise until I got this from the library that it follows from If I Stay, but I'm hopeful that it won't matter too much.


Bought:


Apologies for the slight blurriness!
Borkmann's Point by Håkan Nesser


A Swedish crime novel, #2 in the Inspector Van Veeteren series. Again, I haven't read the first, but this was being promoted in my local Waterstones. (For some reason, they have created a makeshift section called "Scandi" for such Scandinavian crime novels.)


How To Be A Woman by Caitlin Moran


Finally out in paperback, and again on promotion. I used up the rest of my book token on this, which I've been dying to read for ages!


Have you read any of these books? What's in your mailbox this week?

7 comments:

  1. The Summer I Turned Pretty sounds great! I'll have to read that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard a lot about it, although it wasn't the cover I was expecting! I'm wading through my pile of books, but hopefully I'll get to it sometime soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome mailbox! I've been wanting to read The Summer I Turned Pretty since forever! It sounds like an amazing read! :)

    I think it'd be confusing if you read Where She Went before If I Stay. Where She Went picked things three years after the accident, and it is told from different POV. I highly suggest you to read If I Stay before Where She Went. :)

    Happy reading! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read If I Stay quite a while ago, so it's hard for me to remember it exactly, but I agree with Hilda that you should probably read them in order. Usually there's enough of a plot recap in the second book that you'll understand what's going on, but if you totally love it then there won't be much point in reading the first book! And I'm all for enjoying every waking moment of a favourite series =)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog too -- I really appreciate all of your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilda & Melissa - thanks for the tip! I'll definitely try and hunt down a copy of If I Stay, now I know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes! The Summer I Turned Pretty IS a really good read. I love this series so so much. Enjoy!
    You can find my Mailbox here :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great set! I just finished The Summer I Turned Pretty. It was very good. I really want to read Where She Went. Enjoy!
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete

Comments and cookies always welcome!