Friday 13 April 2012

Fangirl Five Friday (#2)

Fangirl Five Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Evil Eva at Nancy Drew Is My Homegirl, in which bloggers list the five things they're fangirling over this week.


So, here's this week's five:


1. Inside Nature's Giants


This is one of my favourite television shows. I've been watching it since it first started on Channel 4 in 2009, but the episodes are generally sporadic. This week, a new one was broadcast (The Hippo). The whole thing was fascinating, as usual, and I have nothing but love for the programme's comparative anatomist and all round brilliant woman, Joy Reidenberg. Science rocks. (Says the humanities researcher.)


2. It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia


Okay, okay, another TV one. The boy and I spent the weekend together over Easter, and watched a whole lot of this programme. Danny DeVito as Frank is excellent.


3. Dark chocolate Kit Kats


As a kid I would only eat white chocolate. Then I decided milk chocolate was the best thing ever. My dad told me that old age would be signalled by an appreciation for two things: Steely Dan, and dark chocolate. The latter has begun. As for Steely Dan, well... She thinks I'm crazy, but I'm just growing old. Hey nineteen...


4. Mario Kart 7


A veritable marathon of Mario Kart on the 3DS this weekend just gone (yes, we're super rock n roll) has rekindled my love of all things Mario. There is nothing quite like dropping that banana in just the right spot...


5. The Coo Coo Birds Old Time String Band


I haven't seen my brother in a couple of months or more now, but this weekend I get to see his second band play live. (He plays banjo/guitar/harmonica in a bluegrass/Americana band, and is also in this duo as a guitarist/vocalist.) This is a video of when I saw them play last year (extremely poor picture quality, but the sound is okay). Allow me to be the obnoxiously proud big sister for just a moment. I'll stop now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and cookies always welcome!