Friday 20 April 2012

Fangirl Five Friday #3: Flannel, fiddles and John Cusack

Fangirl Five Friday is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Evil Eva at Nancy Drew Is My Homegirl, in which bloggers list the five things they're fangirling over this week. 


I'm going old school this week with my first choice!


1. Gilmore Girls
I first started watching GG after The Boy convinced me to give it a go (it was his go-to Sunday morning programme, along with Veronica Mars, which I mocked him for until I got hooked on it myself). I am currently re-watching series 4, which makes me happy and sad at the same time, because it has the best ending of any of the series... but at the same time, I am getting closer to series six and beyond, which is where I like to pretend it went a completely different way.


But can we just pause for a minute, for the lovely Luke:


via
2. Sleep
I am all about sleep this week, mostly because I am not getting enough of it. I have a draft of a thesis chapter due on Monday, and have been glued to my computer for the last couple of weeks. When I finally do sleep, my brain is full of everything else I forgot to do while I was writing, as well as all the things I still have to write about. I am, however, getting close to perfecting the art of talking on the phone, cooking my tea, reading a book and tidying the kitchen, all at the same time. This time next week, I'll be spinning plates.


3. Katzenjammer
This Norwegian band are my current musical obsession. I just found out they're playing a gig in my city next month, too. Cue much excitement!


4. Eddie's been "Hey Girl"ed!
I've seen the Ryan Gosling "Hey Girl" meme around and about, and despite the fact that the girls I live with (A & C) have a poster of a shirtless Ryan Gosling up on our living room wall (to complement the JLS calendar I purchased A for Christmas), I've never been a fan. I like my boys hairy and flannel-clad. Hence my excitement at this: The Eddie Vedder edition of Hey Girl, as seen on the eddievedderhallpass tumblr.


via
I also discovered Eddie's version of one of my favourite Springsteen songs, Atlantic City. Awesome.





5. High Fidelity
This is one of my favourite films, adapted from a book I love a lot (Nick Hornby's High Fidelity). Apart from the fact that they inexplicably felt the need to move the setting from London to Chicago, I can never find anything wrong with this film. I watched it again the other night (while reading a translation of Freud's "Totem und Tabu"... go on, tell me you're jealous :| ), and in honour of the fact that this is a top 5 list, I thought it was only fair to include the film that spawned so many.





*boombox*

2 comments:

  1. I love Gilmore Girls as well and I agree with you that the later seasons were a disapointment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Gilmore Girls! I forgot how much I loved that show. Although, my favourite teenage-hood TV show is Dawson's Creek, hands down. I recently picked up the whole series on DVD and am slowly reliving it all. It's still good, even years later!

    ReplyDelete

Comments and cookies always welcome!