Friday 4 May 2012

Fangirl Five Friday #4


Fangirl Five Friday is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Evil Eva at Nancy Drew Is My Homegirl, in which bloggers list the five things they're fangirling over this week.  

Game of Thrones, series 2

I spent the week with The Boy, and we finally caught up on the cluster of episodes we’ve missed. I am much more excited this time around, because I am fully immersed in the book series and so enjoying seeing it come to life, particularly as the map expands and we get to see the Iron Islands and Beyond the Wall. (Long titles often annoy me—vis Dexter and Boardwalk Empire—but the GoT titles I watch through every time.)

The Calling

Ah, post-grunge pop-rock. How edgy I thought you were when I was 16. My friends and I indulged in a retro-sleepover last weekend (hence the lack of FFF last week!), complete with Clueless and Coyote Ugly on DVD, and a whole swathe of 90s music videos. (I wrote about the whole she-bang here.) After most of Five’s back catalogue, some dodgy ‘N Sync videos, and a surprise win from B, who discovered that she remembered all the words to PJ and Duncan’s “Let’s Get Ready to Rhumble”, we had a blast of this for old 
times’ sake:


Bonus points: The Calling also featured in Coyote Ugly, playing in the club near the beginning.

Retro-sleepovers

Deserving an entry of their own, just for being the most fun you can have with your pyjamas on.

The Bridge / Broen / Bron

via (BBC/ZDF)
Whatever you want to call it. This is the latest Danish/Swedish import snapped up by BBC4, after The Killing (Forbrydelsen) 1 and 2 and Borgen, both of which I enjoyed immensely (not forgetting Wallander!). The Bridge follows Swedish cop Saga Noren and Danish cop Martin Rohde as they attempt to solve a very tangly mystery involving severed bodies, shady journalists and some rather ingenious ways of offing people. Fantastik.

Dino Lego!

I love dinosaurs. I love Lego. Venturing into the Lego shop in Brighton this week, I discovered that someone has stuck the two things together to create Dino Lego. Not since I discovered the wonders of houmous and Pringles a couple of months ago have I been this excited by an unexpected pairing.

What's on your list this week?

2 comments:

  1. A retro-sleepover sounds like The Best Thing EVER! i MUST have one of these with my BFF. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I'd forgotten about The Calling, I remember a couple of their singles being played here in the 90s

    ReplyDelete

Comments and cookies always welcome!