Sunday 4 November 2012

Showcase Sunday

Showcase Sunday is hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits and Tea.


A few exciting things this week from the library (Goodreads links below images):

Heist Society - Ally Carter

Goodreads
I read the first Gallagher Girls book a while ago, and found that although the cover made me want to throw the book out the window, the book itself was really fun. This is the first book in another of Ally Carter's series, and I've heard some good things so I'm hopeful this will be entertaining!

With Lots of Love from Georgia - Brigid Lowry

Goodreads
Follow The Blue was one of my stand-out YA books that I read this year, so when I saw another of Lowry's books in the library I snapped it up! This looks like quite a short book, but it promises lists... and I do like lists.

Down Under - Bill Bryson

Goodreads
I haven't listened to an audiobook since I was young (for some reason, I was obsessed with Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret, and would take the audio cassette out of the library on numerous occasions), but I have a longer train journey onto campus now, so I thought I'd give it a go. This one jumped out at me at the library, mostly because I recently read another of Bryson's travel books (The Lost Continent) and was eager to try another one. This one follows his trip around Australia.

Reviews posted this week:

...And That's When It Fell Off In My Hand - Louise Rennison (7.5/10)
The Adventure of the Christmas Pudding - Agatha Christie (5.5/10)
The Serpent's Daughter - Suzanne Arruda (From the Vaults: 3/5 stars)

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. I liked Heist Society A LOT! Sure, it had flaws, but it was so much fun, I didn't really mind.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed Heist Society too! It's a very quick read and addictive! I've never gotten around to the sequel but I know the third book in the series is releasing soon so I need to do that! Great haul, Kit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had Heist Society for awhile now but I just haven't gotten around to reading it yet. Hope you enjoy your new reads :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of Brigid Lowry before, will have to check her out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to read the Heist books, too! The covers do look a bit young but they sound fun!

    And that's another of Brigid's books I need to read, hopefully my library will have it, too! Lists FTW!

    ReplyDelete

Comments and cookies always welcome!